Welcome to the Bishop LeBlond Booster Club! The Booster Club is an organization that provides physical and financial support, not only to athletics, but to as many other worthy LeBlond needs as possible. Our goal is to maintain and improve activities and facilities for all students and staff. In the past few years, besides providing funding for the athletic uniforms, supplies, and equipment, we have also provided funding for sound equipment, stage curtains, choir robes, school advertising, furniture, audio visual equipment, school website design, and building and grounds maintenance. The funds we generate come from memberships, concessions, the Spirit Shop, Trails West beer sales, IPTAY (I Pay Twenty a Year), a grade school basketball tournament, and various other fundraisers. All parents are encouraged to become members in addition to grandparents, aunts, uncles and other adult family members; as well as alumni, friends and anyone else who has an interest in supporting and promoting activities at Bishop LeBlond!
The Booster Club hosts the Annual LeBlond Booster Club Kick-Off Dinner each August. The 2016 Dinner is Saturday, August 13th at the St. Francis Xavier Parish Center. Booster Club membership packages are available at this event, at which members are provided with the opportunity to meet coaches, teachers, staff, and current and former LeBlond parents and boosters. LB logo apparel and merchandise will be on display and available for purchase at the Kick-Off Dinner and will also be available at registration.
The Booster Club meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m., in the Fisher Family Commons at LeBlond. All Booster Club members are invited to attend and participate. Officers, Class Representatives and Hospitality Coordinators for the 2016/2017 school year are:
- Scott Hudson, President Scott Hudson firstname.lastname@example.org 816.262.4092
- Stephanie Malita Vice-Presidents of Concessions and Volunteers
- Nancy Ehlert Vice-President of Fundraising and Outreach
- Stephanie Hudson Vice-President of Special Events
- Chris Glenski Treasurer and Michelle Euler (Assistant Treasurer)
- Terri Modlin, Secretary
- Alum Rep
- Tracy Fuson and Kylee Strough Senior Class Reps
- Shelly Culver and Gail Lombardino Junior Class Reps
- Jami Guck and Jennafer Cross Sophomore Class Reps
- Mickey Sumpter and Amy Dubois Freshman Class Reps
- Stephanie Malita and Jennifer Milbourne, Varsity Volleyball Tournament Hospitality Coordinators
- Stephanie Malita and Jennifer Milbourne, Freshmen Volleyball Tournament Hospitality Coordinators
- Holiday Basketball Tournament Hospitality Coordinator
- Stacey Hausman, Invitational Track Meet Hospitality Coordinator
- Michael Evans, Athletic Director/faculty representative
The Booster Club schedules all concession and entry gate volunteers throughout the school year and the Class Representatives from each class (as noted above) are tasked with recruiting the volunteers needed for each scheduled event. Bishop LeBlond requires each family to dedicate 25 hours of service to the school and all time spent performing Booster Club related activities (including work in the concession stand or at the entry gate) are counted towards this 25 hour commitment....in other words, it's a great way to knock out those service hours!
For those of you who are returning parents, we thank you for your generous donation of time, talent and treasure in previous school years, which has allowed the Booster Club to continue its financial support of Bishop LeBlond High School. That support directly alleviates financial obligations that others would have to assume responsibility for. For those of you who are simply LeBlond supporters, we thank you for your continued commitment, dedication and financial support. It takes all of us to maintain the high standards and pride that have been long associated with Bishop LeBlond High School.